Sunday, November 1, 2015

What I Want To Remember From This Season Of Life


Hi friends!
This morning I wanted to share the things that I want to look back and remember during the current season of life we're in as a family, and I am in as an individual, accompanied by our interesting lot of pictures we took at the pumpkin patch (and one from Halloween this year!).
A note on that: This series of pictures is so absolutely metaphorical for my life. EVERYONE WANTS TO GET CUTE PICTURES OF THEIR KID AT THE PUMPKIN PATCH. If you say you don't, you're a liar! I am a special breed of crazy that wants these pictures to be perfect. If a perfectly timed leaf could fall from the sky in the middle of the shot I would die a happy woman. Alas, God finds humor in my pursuit for perfection. And you know what? Not a dang picture turned out even close to perfect. God-156,875,307. Maddi-0. And I am totally okay with it- alright, I'm mostly okay with it.
This season feels really hectic for us, often. Lucas and I are both working a lot, and sometimes it seems like every hour of our day is itemized. The monotony of doing the same thing every single day for forever seems endless and I wonder how much I'm missing my son grow up.  I miss spending time with my son and my family, I'm tired of this baby weight still hanging around and not having the time to exercise because that would mean missing out on the sleep I already don't have, I miss spending time with friends, and I really miss sitting. Just sitting. These things sound so small, but they have such an emotional impact on me. 
SO. I want to take the time to remember the great, awesome, beautiful things going on right now. Because they are all worthy of thankfulness.
Accompanied by these awkward pictures. Enjoy!
 
1. I want to remember how awesome it is that I have a job that I love and is in line with what makes my heart happy that, as an added bonus, helps me provide for my family.

 
2. I want to remember that this baby chub is hanging around because instead of working out, I played with my son, or I took care of my body with sleep, other kinds of self care, or rare fellowship.

3. Speaking of baby chub- I made a baby! And look how cute he is! He's a derp just like me! My chub is a sign of my great derp-making abilities!
 
4. I want to remember the funny laugh that Gavin does when you tickle him- he tucks his chin to his chest and makes this creepy giggle like he is trying with all his might to stop himself from laughing but he.just.can't.
 
5. I want to remember how happy it makes me to hear him wake up in the morning at 6 am, because I know that he's going to come cuddle and giggle and play in our bed with us.

6. I want to remember our first little home together as a family, and how we've made it our own. I want to remember how awesome it is that we have a roof over our heads, food, running water, electricity, and all of these extras that I am not ignorant enough to think are standard in this country.

7. I want to remember how excited Gavin was to pet the horses at the stables on Halloween!
 
8. Most importantly, I want to remember this season of our life as the season that God began to change our hearts and grow in us new understanding, love, and patience for each other, and for our crazy everyday.
 
XO,
Maddi & The Pea
 
 

1 comment: