Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Tropical Green Smoothie Recipe To Make Your Tummy Smile

Hi friends!
Stopping by real quick to share an awesome green smoothie recipe!
As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been adding in a green smoothie to my (almost) daily diet!
I usually drink mine first thing in the morning after a glass of room temp water, and always before any caffeine- so that my body properly absorbs all of the green smoothie goodness.
Since I've begun regularly adding in these bad boys to my diet, I have more energy and my insides feel happy- does anyone else get that?! Am I crazy?
When my insides are happy, my outsides are happy too. I am more focused, and have more energy through-out my day.
Green smoothies are an awesome, quick, easy way to get your important daily nutrients from fruits and veggies (plus fiber from chia seeds!).
Plus, with The Pea hitting picky toddler stage, sometimes this is the only way I get him the good stuff his growing little body needs- he thinks it's juice. HA! Foiled again.
A quick, annoying reminder: It's always better to get your nutrients from real, whole foods than from supplements (spoiler alert-it has to do with the way your body absorbs those all-important, feel good nutrients)! But hey, no judgment from ova heeeeya. I take vitamins, too!
OKAY. So on to the recipe. These amounts are not exact. For me they vary from smoothie to smoothie. I just kinda wing it, 'cuz that's how I roll.
1. The goods. 2. The Ninja at work. 3. One for me, one for Lucas, & one for The Pea.
 
Tropical Green Smoothie
You will need (all of these are readily available at TJ's):
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen Mango
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries/berry blend
-Half an Avocado
-A couple slices of cantaloupe
OR
-A kiwi (this is a great smoothie mix in, too!) 
-A healthy pour of Chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups water
 
Step 1: Take your two handfuls of spinach, the 1/2 an avocado and 1 cup of water and blend together. This ensures that all the green stuff gets nice and smooth. It's obviously very scientific.
Step 2: Add in your 1 1/2 cup frozen mango and blend.
Step 3: Add in 1/2 cup water and 1 cup strawberries and blend well.
Step 4: Add your cantaloupe or kiwi and chia seeds and finish blending.
(Optional)
Step 5: You may need to add some more frozen fruit if you chose to use cantaloupe, as the fruit naturally has more water in it, or if the smoothie is a little too "juice like". Unless you like that. Then proceed to Step 6.
Step 6: Drink Up and let your insides thank you!
Hope you guys enjoy!
 
I can't wait to share with you guys next week's post! I'll be interviewing Dasha & Paolo of succiko in Castro Valley.
We'll be talking all about succulents and how to care for them (you might think it's simple, but am I the only one who always kills them?!) , and I'll be sharing lots of pretty pictures of their special shop.
Until then, have a great weekend!
XO,
Maddi & The Pea

1 comment:

  1. Great Recipe! I'll have to give it a try, I usually just do juice and fruit with protein powder.

    ReplyDelete